This underinsured calculator instantly gives you the amount of uninsured and underinsured insurance coverage you need and the amount you may really want to receive after legal fees. (We’re motorcycle accident lawyers in New York — we created the calculator but we do not sell insurance.)
We created the underinsured calculator because most of our motorcycle accident clients did not have underinsured coverage when they needed it.
Basically, uninsured coverage on your insurance policy pays you when you are injured by someone else’s negligence and there is no insurance for the other vehicle to pay you, ie. hit-and-run, no insurance, or stolen car. Underinsured pays you when the other vehicle doesn’t have enough coverage (like a $25,000 policy) to compensate you for your injury.
See our complete guide to underinsured insurance coverage.
Tips When Using the Underinsured Calculator
- Uninsured and underinsured insurance coverages are sold by insurance companies in one “bundle”. If you get one, you get the other, so we’ll just call it underinsured.
- When buying motorcycle insurance, only look at the lowest underinsured policy limit, ie. $100,000/300,000. The lower amount is the limit one person injured on a motorcycle can get. This calculator will give you the lower amount.
- Underinsured insurance coverage is used far more often with motorcycle accidents than car accidents. Why? 1) You’re more likely to be seriously injured by a car with too little insurance, 2) You’re more likely to be hit by a car that doesn’t stop. If you ride, you need it!
- Injuries in many motorcycle accidents, like a broken ankle, will keep you out of work for 4-6 months.
- In New York, motorcycles don’t get no-fault. You can’t get lost wages and your health insurance could put a lien on your case for the medical bills, usually $35,000-$50,000!
- Injuries in most motorcycle accidents are worth from $250,000 to millions of dollars. We got $465,000 for a torn meniscus in a knee.
You don’t want to lose out on $500,000 underinsured coverage when this guy breaks your ankle and you can’t work for 6 months!
If you’re involved in a motorcycle accident in New York, even if another lawyer doesn’t think you have a case, call us immediately for a free consultation. We care about motorcyclists!
Get Motorcycle Lawyers Rob Plevy, Esq. and Phil Franckel, Esq. at the HURT911® Personal Injury Dream Team™ on your side and become a member of our family!
“I endorse these guys 100% they handled my [motorcycle] accident very well! And they are genuine human beings.”
—Frank Sundancer Perugi
Please take a look at some of our:
We created the popular motorcycle awareness campaign you know and have seen!
No Win — No Fee — No Expenses — Guaranteed!
At HURT911® you can speak, text, or email Rob Plevy, Esq. and Phil Franckel, Esq. whenever you need throughout your case and afterward, days/nights/weekends.
Motorcycle Attorney Phil Franckel talks about how motorcycle accidents are different
Philip L. Franckel, Esq. is one of the Personal Injury Dream Team™ Founding Partners at 1-800-HURT-911® New York; He has a 10 Avvo rating; Avvo Client’s Choice with all 5-star reviews; Avvo Top Contributor; and a former Member of the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association. Mr. Franckel is well-known in New York for representing motorcyclists and created the motorcycle awareness campaign BE AWARE MOTORCYCLES ARE EVERYWHERE®.
Partner Rob Plevy, Esq.
Robert Plevy, Esq. is one of the Personal Injury Dream Team™ Founding Partners at 1-800-HURT-911® New York. Robert began his legal career in 1993 as an Assistant Corporation Counsel defending The City of New York against personal injury lawsuits.