How to Get a Police Accident Report in NYC

How to Get a Police Report in New York City, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island & Queens

Fastest: Request a copy of an NYPD police report at the precinct where the accident occurred during the first 30 days from when the report was filed.

Lookup a precinct. (It usually takes 1-3 days after the accident for your report to be available but can take as long as a week or two)

Online: Within 7 days after the precinct has your accident report available, it will be uploaded to the online portal.  Request your NYPD police accident report online using the Collision Report Retrieval Portal.

By mail: Download and complete 2 copies of the Police Accident Report (Request for Copy of Collision Record), and mail them to the precinct of occurrence.

After 30 days from the date of the accident report: Accident Reports are held at the precinct for 30 days before being forwarded to the New York State Commissioner of Motor Vehicles. After 30 days from the date of the accident report, all requests must be made to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV):

By mail: use form MV-198C [PDF].

Download a police accident report and/or driver reports (MV-104) from NYS Department of Motor Vehicles. See more about police accident reports at NYS DMV and “What’s the difference between a police report and a certified police report?

How to Get a Police Accident Report on Long Island

How to get a police report on Long Island

Injured in a Motorcycle Accident in NYC? We Can Get the Police Report for You

Just call us now for a free, no obligation consultation. If you decide you want us to be your lawyers for your accident, we will obtain the police accident report.

Motorcycle accident? Call the HURT911® Personal Injury Dream Team™ days/nights/weekends for a free consultation with no obligation.
Call right now! 1-800-HURT-911 | 1-800-487-8911

At HURT911® you can speak with Dream Team Partners Rob Plevy, Esq. and Phil Franckel, Esq. whenever you need throughout your case and afterward, days/nights/weekends.

Personal Injury Attorney Rob Plevy, Esq.         Personal Injury Attorney Phil Franckel, Esq.

Get the HURT911® Personal Injury Dream Team™ on your side!
Call Attorneys Rob Plevy & Phil Franckel days/nights/weekends for a free consultation


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *